Lose Weight and Enjoy Optimum Health and Vitality by Eating the Right Carbs
by Johanna Burani, MS, RD, CDE
This is a concise primer on how carbs work in the body. Straight-forward advice about the best carb choices for good health, weight loss, glycemic control and sustained energy is presented in a conversational, thoroughly understandable manner. Real-life case studies and no-fuss recipes make switching to a low GI lifestyle a real enticement by the author.
Self Magazine named “Good Carbs, Bad Carbs” the top diet book of 2004.
What this easy-to-read book talks about:
- how carbs work in the body
- why the body wants and needs carbs
- how to use glycemic index (GI) and glycemic load (GL) to manage the effect carbs have on the body’s health and stamina
- straightforward advice about the best carbs to eat for good health, consistent energy, weight and blood sugar control
- 30 low GI recipes and a unique pull-out Food Shopping Guide
Click below to order: