November 5, 2014 by Johanna Burani
This dish is short on work but long on flavor. Simple, fresh, unadulterated whole foods, marinated, grilled, then placed on a bed of fresh greens. Add a glass of chilled Pinot Grigio and some sourdough crostini and you have a perfect meal – Italian style!
- For the marinade:
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 20 oz. (600 g) uncooked large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 10 oz. (300 g) organic baby bella mushroom caps
- 10 oz. (300 g) organic large grape tomatoes
- 6 oz. (180 g) organic rucola (arugula), washed and drained
- Place all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well. Add the shrimp and stir thoroughly to evenly coat the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring 1-2 times.
- Wash the vegetables, pat dry and set aside.
- Heat the grill (indoor or outdoor) according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using metal or previously water soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the mushrooms, shrimp and tomatoes.
- Grill the skewers 2 minutes per side, basting with the marinade for the first two minutes only.
- Divide the rucola among the four dinner plates. Place two skewers on each plate and serve. This dish tastes best when the shrimp and vegetables are removed from the skewers and mixed in with the rucola.