January 10, 2013 by Johanna Burani
This pasta dish is quick and easy. Putting it together with these extraordinary ingredients belies its “special occasion” taste. Why not try it tonight?
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) evaporated skim milk (Italians use cream)
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter
- 4-6 oz. (110-170 g) gorgonzola, crumbled
- 8 oz. (230 g) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons (23 g) walnut pieces, toasted
- 2-4 tablespoons (10 g) fresh mint, finely chopped
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, optional
- Bring sauce ingredients to room temperature.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Do not overcook.
- Warm the milk over low-medium heat in a large non-stick saute’ pan. Add the butter and when it is melted add the gorgonzola. Stir until creamy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and mint on top of the spaghetti. Serve immediately with grated cheese on the side.