June 10, 2009 by Johanna Burani
Vanda is my good friend and a fabulous cook. She lives in Friuli, northern Italy, in a small town very close to mine. She espouses to the freshest ingredients in her cooking. Her dishes are simple, wholesome and usually picked directly from her vegetable garden. This recipe is a great example of her delicious home cooking.
- 4 eggs ¼ cup fat free milk
- 2 medium zucchini (approx. 10 oz) ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sundried tomatoes, minced 1 tbsp. plain breadcrumbs
- 2 oz. part skim ricotta 1 tbsp. grated cheese
- Wash the zucchini, trim the ends and cut them into thin horizontal slices. Cook 5-6 minutes in a non-stick pan stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or non-stick vegetable spray.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, ricotta, milk and salt and continue to whisk until ingredients are well combined. Gently fold in the cooked zucchini.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. Cut into four diagonal pieces.