June 11, 2014 by admin
If vegetables were ever in a parade, tomatoes would be the marching band, color guard and the festival queen! This recipe elevates the humble grape tomato to its rightful position of peerless distinctive taste. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe; the burst of flavor these tomatoes leave in your mouth is what sweet dreams are made of. I’ve divided the recipe into four generous portions – anything less would be a tease.
- 8 cups (1.2 kg) grape tomatoes, washed
- 4 large fresh garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- approx. 8 3” (7.5 cm.) sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 Celsius)
- Place the tomatoes and the garlic in a large baking pan (tomatoes should lay flat in one layer). Pour over them the oil and sprinkle the salt and pepper. Mix.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the rosemary, stir, and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.